Thursday, January 28, 2010

1st Weigh In

I did weigh in yesterday and I happy to announce that I lost 4.6 lbs. WOO HOO! If I lose three pounds this week, I will weigh less than I have in at least 10 years. I NEED TO make it past this hurdle and continue. As I stated in a previous entry, I got there last time and lost motivation and STOPPED my diet. I MUST stay motivated!!!!

I plan on going to Cancun this August and think about how much better I would feel about myself if I weighed 50 lbs less. It's at least 26 weeks before our trip and two pounds a week, would make me 52 lbs lighter. Wow!!! Now that is exciting. Then a couple months after that will be my high school reunion. Once I determine the date of my trip, I am going to add a count down on my blog to help me stay motivated.

We found out yesterday, that next Wednesday is our last weekly meeting at work. Therefore, I guess I will have to go to an off site Weight Watchers Meeting once a week. We do plan on meeting at lunch once a week and weighing in and motivating each other, but it is not going to be the same, I don't think.

I need to set up a challenge for this week. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. What about increasing your daily exercise commitment? Not too drastically, just do a little more each time


    Congrats on the weight loss!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl you can do this! I started my weight loss journey on Jan 5, 2009. I weighed in at 319lbs that day. I started eating right and exercising. It took changing everything but here I am a year later and I am down 100lbs and still going strong. I am a mother of three and work full time so I know you can do this. The main thing I can share with you is to not give up. If you slip up (and you might give in and eat something here and there) just remember tomorrow is another day and keep moving forward! Support is a huge thing so keep as many people around you to support and love you! Good luck girl and I know I dont know you but you CAN DO THIS!!!! And you will be amazed at how fast it happens... :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Stephany. Came a cross your post on Jillian Michaels page on Facebook. I love reading blogs and being inpired.

    I started my journey January 2008, by first quitting smoking, then joining a gym. I've been with a personal trainer for almost a year now. The weight is coming off slowly (40lbs the first year) but I ran a 5 k race in october and I'm currently training to climb the CN Tower here in Toronto (147 floors), do a mini triathlon in June and a sprint triathlon in August.

    Good luck, I know you can do it!!!!! You are going to rock this.

    ReplyDelete