Monday, January 25, 2010

Month of Birthday Parties! HELP!!!!

We have TONS of January birthdays in my family.

This past weekend, we attended my niece and nephew, on my husband's side, birthday party. My niece turned 7 and my nephew 2. It was a joint birthday party at least, so their was only one cake I had to face this weekend. : ) On weight watchers you get your daily points, then flex points. Needless to say I used ALL my daily and almost ALL my flex points all in one day. I was proud of myself, I have talked my husband into jumping on the "Thin in 2010" bandwagon! AND when he went to the store with his mom for the groceries for the cook out, I asked him to buy me and him some ground turkey and wheat hamburger buns for "our" burgers. This small request ended up being a GREAT thing! My mother in law, who I worry about who is over weight as well, bought ground turkey for ALL the burgers!!! And for the Ice Cream -- she bought frozen yogurt. How awesome was that? So although I did use ALL my daily and flex points, I did not go OVER!!!

Tomorrow is my birthday, and also the day before weigh in! I plan on spending a lot of the day with my mother who is having surgery tomorrow. Since my mom is having surgery this will eliminate our usual birthday eating out dinner, which might be my save and grace for the weigh in. I feel I have done really well this week and am hoping for a loss.

This weekend will be my brother's sons 4th birthday party. They are doing a bowling party on Sunday. So although I might sneak that "small" piece of cake, I WILL be bowling to help counteract the calories. Birthday cake is definitely a weakness for me. I can not resist butter cream icing.

If you have a minute, please say a quick prayer that my mom's surgery goes well tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment