Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Well, yesterday I had a weak day. During lunch we went to a Chinese Buffet. Instead of doing the buffet or eating any 372 calorie egg rolls, I did the mongolian bar where I was able to choose what all was going to be in my meal. I choose just a little bit of the steak, shrimp, and crab and the rest was veggies. I did have a bowl of hot and sour soup while waiting for it to cook. I know this still is not "diet" but it was a better choice. With weight watchers you are allowed 35 flex points each week that you can use whenever you like. Some choose to use a few each day, I usually use at least 25 on the weekend. I try to stay away from fried products, but find it hard to resist those crab ragoons. I ate one and afterwards found out it was 7 points OUCH.

For dinner we decided to go to my brothers house to watch movies and on the way we drove thru one of those Taco Bell / Long John Silver Combo Franchises. The plan was to get everyone Taco Bell, but when we got there my partner in crime (Husband who is supposed to be dieting), decided he was going to get his usual Fish and Chicken Plate. This is exactly what I always got and instantly got an attitude because I could not believe he was going to torture me like that. I was really mad. But I did not give in to my attitude I stuck to the plan and since I only had 9 points left out of my daily points, I pulled up my Taco Bell Application on my phone and ordered 9 points worth of food. You know I am not going to sit here and make you think that I believe the whole Taco Bell Diet menu, but their Fresco items are pretty good and their tacos are only 3 points a piece. But just like I learned from the day of my birthday and eating out, you can not go to a fast food, eat the correct amount of calories (points) and be satisfied. Some of you may be able to, but as an obese female, I am not satified with just one taco and one burrito. Consider this, I am still hungry, my husband (who is suppose to be dieting as well) is getting stuffed on his high calorie fried meal then I go to my brothers refrigerator, and what do I see CHEESECAKE!!! Another weakness!!!!

So we put in the movie and the title "Cloundy with a Chance of Meatballs" SHOULD have clued me in, but I had no idea what it was about, just a cute animated movie I had been wanting to see. If you have not seen it, it is about a town that only has sardines to eat. The star of the movie invents a machine that can make food. Ends up, it goes into the sky and starts raining food that the inventor chooses it to rain. So here I am on the couch, STILL hungry and watching hamburgers, hot dogs, ice cream, and pancakes etc all showering this town and fulfilling everyones hunger. So YES, I did use some of my FLEX points to eat a peice of Cheesecake, and that half of peice of chicken plank my nephew did not eat, YEP ate that too. Then I started throwing back the water to finally NOT be hungry anymore.

My last post I had asked for my readers to suggest a challenge for next week. Although it is going to be EXTREMELY hard for me, I have decided to accept Marci's Challenge and starting on Sunday, I will go 7 days without eating ANY FAST FOOD. I am not going to eat out at all. I have already broke the news to my 16 year old daughter. This is going to be hard on her as well. Let me tell you a little bit about McKinsey. She is EXTREMELY spoiled by her papa and totally addicted to eating out. There has been times when papa has shown up at my house with a bag of burgers for my girls because they did not want to eat whatever I had in the house. I mean, Mckinsey would call papa, he would stop what he was doing and go to Whataburger and bring them burgers. This is the same man, when I was growing up that made us eat sandwiches at least once EVERY DAY. As an adult, to this day, I HATE eating sandwiches if they don't come from Subway.

So this will be a hard week for me but believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to the challenge. The house is already stocked with groceries and I already have all the meals planned. My hardest night will be Thursday because that is the night I bowl in a league. Get this, the league is called "Beer and Pizza". LOL Each team of 4 gets two pitchers of beer and a large pizza. I don't like beer, so I never drink any of that, but I usually do eat two peices of pizza. So this Thursday I am going to prepare myself and maybe pack a snack. As I get closer to the day, I will work it all out.

Well we are off to my cousins' to play Texas Hold 'Em. I plan on taking my own snacks with me because we usually pass snacks around while we are playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment