Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 1 of Challenge -- FAILED

In my post yesterday, I mentioned that I was taking on Marci's challenge. I am going to go 7 days in a roll without eating out.

The day started off well. I slept in since my husband and I did not get in from playing poker at my cousins last night until 3 am. During the evening, my cousin and I discussed weight watchers and point values for certain foods, mostly fast food items and how a lot of them can take up your WHOLE daily calorie intake in one meal. So as you can see, if I can succeed at not eating out all week, I should have a good weight loss.

So we skipped breakfast and for lunch we had Tuna Fish Sandwiches made with Light Tuna in Water, Light Mayo, and pickle on toasted 100% whole wheat bread. I made sure I ate few calories because at 3 pm, it was off to my nephews party. His birthday party had pizza and soda. I purchased my own diet Pepsi and steered away from the pizza by bowling during that time of the party. Now birthday cake, I did have a piece of that. I LOVE butter cream icing.

During the party, 3 different people asked me if I wanted to go out to eat after the party. First person -- "no, my daughter is welcome to go with you, but I am steering away from eating out for 7 days", Second person was told the same thing. Now the third, my brother, invited me to go with him and multiple other family member who were going to eat Mexican food, my FAVORITE! He and the others went on to say how I could start tomorrow. "You are always suppose to start on a Monday, start it tomorrow". So yes friends, I FAILED. I went to eat Mexican food tonight. But when you fall off a horse, you get back on, so tomorrow will be my NEW DAY 1. Sound familiar? Yeah, to me too.

Tune in tomorrow to see me succeed. : )

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you've heard this a million times but it is very important--don't skip breakfast!!! A good breakfast sets the tone for your entire day and help curb snacking or making bad lunch choices b/c you are starving. I believe the general rule is to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up :)

    ReplyDelete