Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My birthday

I spent my birthday at a surgical center with my mom. She had knee surgery. It went well and she will hopefully be able to get back to her independent self soon.

Eating good was hard today. As you know, fast food and diets just don't mix well. I had intended on getting up early enough this morning to eat my usual 3 point oatmeal, but was not sucessful. Instead for breakfast we drove through sonic and I ate a jr breakfast buritto with egg, sausage, and cheese. Yea I know, I should have left off the cheese. Bad habits are hard to break. I did order a large ice water instead of my usual coke.

Since we did not know the area well, for lunch we just drove around and found Jack in the box. I had two tacos and a kids cheeseburger with water. I am definately learning that when trying to stay within your daily calorie range, when you eat bad you are still going to be hungry!!! Therefore, when dinner came around I was starving. Since we were all tired, I once again fell victim to eating out, my parents ordered pizza. I regrettably ate three peices. Depressed about blowing my day, I so wanted to drive thru dairy queen and get a blizzard on the way home, but my wonderful daughter refused to share one with me and I was not eating a whole one on my conscience. So for the first time all day, I came home and ate a grapefruit. And you know what? I am not craving that ice cream anymore.

Well it is after 10 pm, I have not done my daily 10 minutes of exercise from my weight watcher challenge for this week, so I better go

Tomorrow is weigh in. Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading your blog while chowing down on some hearty Italian food...probaby not the most logical thing to do. But like you I have struggled with my weight most of my adult life and I'm so so tired of it. So here's hoping you find something that works for you, and eventually I will too. I try to remember what my aunt used to say, Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, but having not been thin since age 7, I can't really remember. Anyway good luck to you and keep writing, it really will help!

    ReplyDelete