Monday, May 17, 2010

1st day of workouts.




Today's menu is above.

Morning started bright and early at 6 am, I ate a banana took my medicine before my 6:30 am hike. The hike I did today was called Barrel Run. Basically u are climbing this mountain and going all around it. It's path zig and zags all over the place. On the way there, someone asked if there were any creature we might see. Our guide Ian who is a riot said that we may see a rattlesnake, but if you do, just keep walking! I am praying that I don't see any snake while I am here. I started the hike pretty strong. I was doing well keeping up with my new friend Sherry but then I started getting thirsty and of course failed to read the instructions on how to use my hydration backpack. So I got slower and slower until there was no one else in sight. Now I REALLY did not want to see a rattle snake now! I did see rabbits and lots of lizzards. The hike was 6 miles long and it took me a little over 2 hours to complete. It was very Rocky and had rough terraine. I had to make sure I put my feet down just in the right spot to not slip. The views were amazing as you can see below.



-



After the hike we headed back for breakfast. We had a frittatas and fruit. I was not a big fan of it but it had guacamole on top and salsa available to add to it. I did eat the majority of it.



After breakfast, I had a stretch class. Some of those positions had a couple of us laughing. After that we had a choice of taking a total body h2o class mountain class, since I do have a few blisters, I chose the pool. Never knew I could hurt that bad in a pool. After the pool, was lunch which was our highest calorie meal of the day. It was delicious it wad chili and cornbread.



This was very filling! I was so worried about starving while I am here, not the case so far.
After lunch we had a class ur calorie budget. Without getting into a whole lot of detail, I learned that if I do it right, I could be at my goal weight in 10 months.
At two thirty I had another pool class. This time called deep water submission! Holy cow, I thought the first one was hard. Let's just say, all my friends with pools - start planning it now. We need to get together and I can show you what all we did. Woo!!
After that I had to hurry and change for my next class which was circuit training. Basically every machine in the gym is numbered. Everyone starts on cardio for two minutes, then you go to the next numbered machine which is a weight machine and do that for two sets of 45 seconds. Then you go back to cardio. I started on a treadmill and I ran at a 5.0 speed never done that before. After that class, we were all talking about how great we felt and could not beleive we were not passed out. Well we spoke too soon, next class was step and punch but it is nicknamed step and puke and let me tell you by the end of the class I thought I was going to. It was intense. No slacking here!

YAY I Made it!! Dinner was good but desert was even better.



I don't think you can see it buy it is chicken on top of a mountain of purple potatos. They were good. Desert was grilled pinapple. I could had seconds on that. lOL

I thought would think this is comical, especially my husband. Becuase nuts trigor my asthma I have asked that they omit them from my food. This is what I have to place in front of me at every meal.




After dinner, we had another class, I soaked my feet I'm the jacuzzi and headed to the room. I am extremely proud of myself. I gave it my all today. I am sore but not ad bad as I thought I would be. Tuesdays are supposed to be the worst. Guess I better get some rest, 5 am comes extremely early.

Calories ate today 1148
Calories burned 2268 plus two pool classes I did not calculate. I did not keep my watch on all day, so I bet I burned more
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment