Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday at the BLR at FR




-
Today was a tough day! My hike today was "camel back". Here is a picture of the camel backs from midway up the mountain.



Half way up I made the mistake of looking behind me. I instantly got sick to my stomach and had to sit down. I am scared of heights and panicked a little bit. I told the guides and my hiking group, which I love, that I was just going to wait for them here. We sat and talked moment and I decided to keep going. They were so helpful they would hold my hand and in some cases push! They are so supportive and because of them I MADE IT!! Here is the "vortex" it kind of looks like a funnel. I am the third shadow from the left.



If you read Cat's blog while she was here, you might recognize this beautiful girl, Ivy who decided to go down into the vortex with our mountain goat guide.








And the camel backs




My hiking crew me, Nicole, Elizabeth, Melby, Ivy, and & Julie.



Our guides Don, Margi, and Darrell





Daredevil Ivy decided to climb the camel back as well as Julie











Here's Ivy again. We were calling her Pocahontas and Daryl found a feather and gave it to her. She has it on the right side of her hair.




Breakfast was musselie. Not my favorite but I stuck to my commitment of trying everything. I ate all of it with the fruit until it was all gone. Once the fruit was gone, I stopped!
I had a surprise right before lunch, Tara from the BL season six came by the resort. She pictured below with me and my neighbor BL season 3 winner Eric Choppin.



Right before lunch I had a pool class that is why I am in the robe. Lunch was a mushroom soup and turkey sandwich.







After lunch it was another pool class, ball works, then treading. John taught our ball works class. I am scared of him! I told him tonight. He will work your butt off.







Dinner was stuffed bell peppers. It was filled with something similiar to a turkey meatloaf. I am not a fan of bell peppers but I ate a little bit of them, and all of te filling. It was so good. Desert was vanilla pie

Well i need to get to bed. This is te first night since I got here that I have watched a litte tv. Oh yeah the sun was super hot today. I forgot my hat on the hike this morning and the tip of my head is sunburned as well as other parts some.

Calories in 1260
Calories out. 3385 plus two pool classes

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment