Sunday, May 16, 2010

I have made it to Fitness Ridge




































What an exciting day! My morning started off early. I got up 3:30 am to take a shower and head to the airport for my 7:15 am flight. I faced my first of many fears I will be facing this week, I rode on a plane by myself. I HATE to fly! I did ok. Past flights I have been afraid the seat belt would not fit, but it did with room to spare. And for first time in 10+ years, I was able toe use the tray when beverages came around. That was a good testament as to how far I have come already!



Made it through the flight ok, even got up to use the bathroom! Next step was lugging my two suitcases, the biggest which weighs 48 lbs to get the rental car. I thought it was fitting since the suitcase is almost exactly what I have lost so far. :) Above one of the pictures is the view I saw while traveling on I-15 from Vegas to Utah.


Another picture shows the front of the resort and u can see The Biggest Loser van parked in front. The other red building is "The Villa" which I am staying in since I my stay was an award. It is SUPER nice. I am pretty far from the resort, so I am glad I rented a car. I have feared that I would get lost, but has not happened YET. As you can see there are two comfy queen beds. I wish I could have brought someone with me! Plenty room.


Although I have not had a chance to visit with him yet, Eric Chopin (Biggest Loser season 3 winner, his brother, and father are my neighbors. Today I weighed in and got measured. I have met LOTS of GREAT people already. I am excited about what tomorrow brings and pray that I don't get any blisters. Hike starts at 6:30 am, means I need to be on my way there by
6 am so I have time to get my hydration backpack filled with ice and water. Tomorrow starts their summer schedule, we will not be eating breakfast until AFTER the hike.


Speaking of the food, tonight's dinner was chicken on top of spaghetti squash with broccoli and other veggies. It was really good and filling. I have a picture above. I forgot to take a picture of dessert, but it was tiramasu (sp?) The ladies on their second week told us it had raisin bran on the bottom, and it was vanilla pudding mixed with a drizzle of strawberry. Before I came here I was really afraid of eating the tofu items. I am pledging to try everything served!
We learned tonight that Breakfast is around 300 calories, Lunch 400, and dinner 500. I better get to bed, 5 am is going to come early!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were staying off campus, where is the villa?

    ReplyDelete