Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday at The Biggest Loser Resort




-
I am still alive! I am actually feeling TONS better than I expected to be feeling on what they call "terrible Tuesday". I not saying it was easy, it was hard as Hell! But I did things today I never thought possible.

My hike this morning was "Third Rivine". When we got there the trainers offered us two routes an easier route or a more tougher route. The majority of the group wanted the tougher route, so I went that way as well. It was extremely difficult but I kept up with the group. We were literally climbing big rocks! At one point there was a hUGE rock that I felt stuck. Everyone really helps each other. I had one person above the rock pulling me up and another pushing from behind. lOL. Glad there is not a picture of that!! I am scared of heights but I was concentrating so much on where to put my feet next I did not realize how far up we went. I did not get a picture at the top of the ravine, honestly I was too tires to pull it out of my backpack, but here is a picture once we got to the very top.











At the very top there is rock called the cliff hanger. Here I am posing





The hike was about 4 miles and I burned over 1300 calories. After the hike was breakfast



We had a English muffin and fruit. When I first saw it I did not think it would fill me up, but it did

10:15. Emotional Mastery Workshop

11:15. Stretch class

12:30 lunch








Squash soup and a tomato sandwich with guacamole. I am NOT a fan of tomatos but as I stated I have made a commitment to try everything and I ate it all!!! I figure day two I really need all the protein and nutrients they offer.

1:00 pm calorie challenge

1:30 pm cooking demo from the chef





After the cooking demo, the worst part of the day started.

2:30 pm. Total toning
This class was using free weights and I am feeling the after effects. During that class my calves were hurting so bad it felt like I was having a Charlie horse in both of them at the same time! The instructor said that we will be feeling the after effects in the morning on our hike, rumor has it my van has the stop sign which is supposed to be super hard.

3:30 pm. H2O intervals
This was in the pool. They like to give us excercises in the pool where u have to put your hands in the air and kick your feet frantically to keep from drowning. If you don't think this is hard, try it!

4:30 pm. Cardio intervals.
This is in the gym, so it does not give you much time to change. I think that is a workout by itself. Lol. This class you choose a cardio machine, I chose the treadmill. You start on a certain level you choose and move up the level every 30 seconds eight times. At the end of that time, you do the highest level for one minute, then lower it every 30 seconds. The best I did was run a 5.5 speed for one minute. It felt like an eternity. I wanted to give up but I didn't! I had to do this three times!! Good news is -- my exercise for the day was done!!! Great victory!

5:30. Dinner! Awesome. Soooo good. Pasta, green beans, and for desert the famouse chocolate covered strawberries! I had two but they looked so good I forgot to take a picture before eating them. = )







Now we are in the aerobic ro watching the biggest loser on the big screen. Go Daris!!



Daily totals

Calories in. 1283
Calories out. 4326 plus pool calories I could not log because my hrm does nit work in the water. I still have to walk back to my room, take a shower and doctor my feet. Mote calories to burn!!!
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. You're looking great Stephany!! Keep it up! Love all the pictures...now you're starting to motivate me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3rd ravine was killer! we did that one today. you are doing an amazing job. i love that you are documenting everything each day. can't wait to keep up with your blog and see how you're doing once we get home :)

    ReplyDelete