Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wednesday at fitness ridge





-
I woke up this morning wanting to stay in bed. I posted these feelings on facebook and lots of my friends encouraged me. I really appreciated those comments. My hike this morning was the famous stop sign hike. This is the hike I knew would be challenging and I trained for it before coming. I had alot of people in my hike that has been here for multiple weeks and has not made it to the stop sign at the top. I was determined to do it!! The stop sign is 4.7 miles up a paves path. The last 1.5 miles is on the actual road and the incline is like doing a level 15 incline on the treadmill. The guide told me that once you see the guard shack, you only have 200 yards to the stop sign. I did not think that damn guard shack would ever appear, but it did and I was the second one in my group to make it to the top. The guide made me feel good, she told me that me and other girl were smoking everyone.



As soon as I started back downhill, I started feeling like I was going to throw up. I quickly pulled the orange I had brought with me out of my backpack and ate it and felt better. We do all these hikes before breakfast.
On the way down the hill, I ran alot I wanted to see how many miles I could get before our allotted time was up. On the way down I felt invincible! I was really enjoying my iPod. There was no one in site so I was singing and dancing, having a great time. I was really proud of myself. I ended up making 7 miles on that hike. I burned over 2000 calories before lunch today. Here are some of the views I saw on my hike. On the first if you look on top you can see another group hiking. I could see groups everywhere.








Ok, I am rwally tires so I am going to summarize the rest of my day. Breakfast was English muffin with eggs and turkey sausage.


I had two pool classes today one before lunch and one before dinner which allowed me time to get in the hot tub after each class. We ate our lunch on the patio in our swim suits and the awesome warm robes they loan you.



Trista, Julie, Sherri, Carmen, and myself (I can not believe I posting this picture)

Lunch was beet soup and barbque piZza.







After lunch was a lecture, kick boxing, mountain, then another pool class. During mountain Sherri and I challenged each other and put our bikes on level 25 the last 3 minutes. It was a killer but we did it

Dinner was a chef salad with a like wheat tortilla or something. Basically once you ate it down some you could make it on a wrap. Desert was a tropical sorbet. Both were great. As you can probably tell I forgot to take my pictures before digging in. I wad really hungry. Probably the two pool classes








Today was my hardest day. I was really sore, good thing I had a masssage scheduled. I am feeling pretty good now. Ready to put this down and go to sleep. 5 am comes pretty early.

Calories IN. 1150
Calories OUT 3789 plus two pool classes

Tomorrow I have camelback hike. It is supposed to be really beautiful.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment