Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My TV Debut!

The Biggest Loser - The Biggest Loser Next On - Video - NBC.com

CLICK ON THE LINK ABOVE AFTER YOU READ MY BLOG

Wow the time is almost here! The time when I will be able to share an important part of my journey to getting thin in 2010. One of the most inspirational days of my entire life! If I can not be an actual contestant on the show, this was the next best thing!

When you watch the video, I am the short haired blond in the Orange shirt with my hands by my mouth. Tune in next week after the show and I will blog about my experience that day! I will also post pictures!

It was that day that I decided to REALLY kick my weight loss in high gear and I plan on posting a picture of how I looked that day and how I look today. I still have a LONG way to go, but mentally and physically everyday I am growing into a person I now love! "THAT" is saying a a lot.

Last week I had a tough week. After working out 6 out of 7 days in one week and only losing 2/10's of a pound, it was hard to keep up the workouts everyday. I only worked out two days last week. I did Zumba on Tuesday night and Turbo Kick and Hip Hop classes back to back on Thursday night. On Sunday it rained so I missed my 7 mile walk.

On Monday my husband received news that he was going to be laid off. So on weigh-in day for lunch I went to Chili's. I would never dream of doing that, but I was severely depressed. I mean I have my trip next month and now is not a time for financial trouble. I have felt bad about spending all this money on "ME" this year for my health and have been saving all my Scentsy money for my trip expenses so I would not feel guilty. Anyway, I ate a Mushroom Swiss -- just the meat with a side of steamed veggies. It was soo good and although I was "feeding" my emotions, I did not go overboard. I went to Weight Watchers -- ALONE -- all three of my weight watcher buddies bailed on me. =( Good thing about weight watchers is, even though the people you know "out" of weight watchers is not there with you, you bond and become friends with people that you MEET there. So I did not feel alone.

I DID IT! I am officially in the 260's! I lost 3.4 lbs this week. I have now lost 39 lbs total. I am REALLY trying to do good this week! I want to surpass that 40 lb mark this week. And my goal weight that I have set for when I weigh-in at The Biggest Loser Resort in Utah May 16th -- I am now less than 10 lbs away! I CAN DO THIS!!!

Yesterday after work I met a friend at the park and walked 2.5 miles in 45 minutes. I usually do a 10 minute 1/2 mile, so I have shaved 5 minutes off my time. Holly and I were walking fast. I was practically running down the hills! I was walking fast because I had planned on leaving at a certain time so I could get home in time for the Biggest Loser to come on. What an episode!!! What a sad week for O'Neal and Sunshine! I was crying right along with them. I don't think there has ever been a contestant on the show that is more inspiring than O'Neal. I have found myself through many workouts telling myself "if O'Neal can do it, I CAN DO IT". He was truly AMAZING last night during his work outs in the gym.

Today my oldest daughter joined me at Zumba. We had a GREAT time! I LOVE MY POLAR WATCH! Usually when I go to this class, I burn about 450 calories. I set a goal before I got there, that I wanted to up the intensity and burn over 500 calories. I amazed at how much more I can do physically each day. I was kicking butt! End of class -- I burned OVER 600 calories! I ROCK!

1 comment:

  1. How cool I can't wait to see what you learned from that BL day! You are doing so good keep up the weight loss you are very inspiring. I'm so sorry your hubby is getting laid off I hope that he finds other job.

    ReplyDelete