Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Week of Adventure!

This has been a week of new adventures.

Monday night I rode the bike for the first time in over 20 years. My butt hurt for 2 days!! LOL

Tuesday night I met my cousin at a new 24 hour fitness gym. I did the elliptical for a little bit while I waited for a Water Aerobics Class to start. It is funny how much my endurance is getting. It really takes a lot for me to feel like I am getting a good work out. I keep pushing on though because I KNOW that will NOT be the case when I go to The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge. The class lasted for an hour, then I swam two laps, sat in the jacuzzi and the sauna before heading home. I have not bought the waterproof belt that goes with my Polar Watch so I have no idea how many calories I burned. I was a little disappointed in myself because I was STARVING after I left the gym. I did pack an apple to eat on the way home, but I fell into temptation. I think the main reason I fell was because I was near one of my favorite restaurants that are NO WHERE near where I live. I have to drive at least 30 minutes for this treat. I am talking about Chipolte. Every time I am hard on myself, I always tell myself "well you did better than the OLD you would have done". The old me would have gotten the BIG Burrito with all the fixings including a 1/4 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup guacamole not to mention EXTRA rice! Well the new me got the burrito bowl to go. I DID not ask for extra rice, I got a little bit of chicken and barbacoa as my meat, pico de gallo, rice with cilantro, and a pinch of cheese. I ate my apple on my way home. When I got home I did add a little bit of my 2% shredded cheese and a Tbsp of Lite Sour Cream. It was good with not ALL of the guilt.

Tonight I went back to the same gym with my cousin. I did the stationary bike for 20 minutes and walked on the stepper for 10. I tried a new class tonight. It was called Cardio Mix. I LOVED IT! The instructor had such a GREAT personality. I actually caught myself smiling some during the class. My HRM said my heart rate stayed in the high 150's and 160's through most of the class. It was non-stop. Some stopped to get a drink, I really wanted to but I just kept moving! I think I did pretty well. I am SOOO motivated to lose right now. As I mentioned in previous post, I am getting into weight figures I have not been in over 10 years. My goal this week is to be in the 260's Monday night when I go to weight watchers. I have seen that number on the scale in the mornings, but not in the evenings. I am determined for this to be the week. So when I wanted to give up and stop moving, I kept repeating in my head - 260's 260's 260's. I had told my cousin that I was not walking out of that gym until I burned 1000 calories tonight! So at the end of the class I still had 200 calories to go. We decided to do the rowing machine. I set my meters to 2500 and when I got done with that, I was over 1000 calories burned. We walked down to the locker room and decided to get into the Sauna. Man was it hot! It was not that bad the day before getting in there WET from the pool and jacuzzi, but already sweaty? I could barely stand it. I kept an eye on my heart rate and since it did not get above 130, I figured I was fine. We stayed in there long enough for me to burn another 80 calories. I kept the watch monitoring until I got to my car, so I burned 1100 calories tonight! All in all, it was a pretty good day!

I am wanting to find local fundraising activities to participate in. I know a fellow blogger that climb a bunch of stairs for I believe the American Heart Association, and of course there is the Susan G Komen 5K and Race for the Cure. I will do those, but I think for me to continue my motivation after I get back from the FR, I need to keep setting goals. I have a lot of great things going on this year. I want to be in the 250's before leaving for the FR on May 16th. I will set another goal after FR on the weight I want to be before going to the Scentsy Convention in Denver at the end of July. Then in October, I will have my 20th HS Class Reunion. Then the end of the year goal which right now is set in the 220's. Since I started out weighing 307, I realize I am not going to be "THIN" this year. I am fine with that! But I like goals, the more the better! So if you know of some activity based fundraiser I might be interested in, let me know! I am totally doing the Stair one next year!! Anyone want to join me?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Steph! Keep it up. The more you do now, the more you will get out of Fitness Ridge, you are rockin it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thin is relative so I think you are on track to be thin in 2010! After all, people are calling me skinny and I still have 70 pounds to lose!!!! I'm just going to roll with it and enjoy the compliments. You should do the same and realize that yep, you CAN be thin in 2010!

    Not that I'm biased about this one or anything (I am since I've been involved the past several years, and am a survivor).....BUT......Susan Komen is also the sponsor of the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk where you walk 60 miles. There is one in Dallas Nov 5-7th. www.the3day.org. Downside is that there is a steep fundraising commitment of $2,300. But for a good cause. :) It is definitely a challenge training for this event and there are some really good training schedules they give you too. I know what you mean though about working toward a goal. It helps keep me motivated.

    Good job making better choices and working out hard at the gym! Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete