Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Zumba -- I guess!

I had another stressful day at work. I tracked my food all day. A co-worker and I are keeping tabs on each other this week and trying to motivate each other to have a good week tracking and keeping focused. She has had some really tough times lately, so we are good motivation for each other. I want her to be successful so she does not give up on her weight loss journey. I am hoping to be able to start my own water aerobics class this summer. I have access to a pool near my parents house and I have gone to enough classes that I think I could teach others. We could do it right after work maybe two times a week if the owner did not mind. And then, I have another friend that I have worked out with that has a pool. Maybe she would host us once a week. My co-worker has severely bad knees so I think the water aerobics could help her get started on exercise. I was proud of her on Saturday at the picnic, she walked down to the lake with us and back. We figure it was about 1/2 mile total, but on the way back it was all uphill.

I ate the majority of my points during lunch, and for dinner I did go over my daily points allowance, using 4 points of weekly flex points. Tomorrow is my boss' birthday, which means eating out at Chili's. hmmm I LOVE CHILI's, but I have a hard time figuring out what to eat there. Any suggestions?

I am not so sore today from my walk Sunday. I did not exercise last night after Weight Watchers because I was still pretty sore. Since I felt better today, I MADE myself go to Zumba. I really missed Zumba last week, so I figured it would be a good choice. I messaged Lola to see if she was going because I wanted to go back to her class. She was not able to go tonight, so I REALLY thought about not going. I was tired and just did not feel like going. But I keep focusing on my upcoming stay at The Biggest Loser Resort in Utah and I KNOW I have to keep pushing myself. I CAN NOT stop working out. I really need to be pushing myself more than ever considering this Friday, I will be EXACTLY one month from check-in at the resort. I guess I am still focusing on the negative on the scale. Not losing after working out 6 out of 7 days last week.

So I went to Zumba and boy was it hard! I was having a hard time getting the rhythm down. I did get my heart rate up to the 167, and stayed in the high 140's most of the time, but after about 40 minutes my face was so BEET RED and I was HOT! At the end of the class, I burned 500 calories! Not as much as I could have, but definitely more than I would have burned if I would have stayed home! I drank ALL of my water I brought so it was not that. But you know, I still am not drinking enough water. I know this because I am not getting up at night to use the restroom. Goal for tomorrow -- DRINK MORE WATER! It's hard putting it down when I am so busy at work I barely have time for restroom breaks! Yeah, I know -- MAKE TIME STEPHANY!!! This is MY LIFE we are talking about! I want to get THIN IN 2010!!! Must stay motivated! I CAN DO THIS!!!

1 comment: