Monday, April 12, 2010

Walked 7 miles!

Well I met my goal for the week. I walked 7 miles yesterday! I was kinda depressed because it was appearing Sunday morning that I was not going to have anyone to go on the walk with me, and since it is going through some wooded areas the signs post that you should not walk it alone. I was trying to pump myself up into maybe doing the busier section maybe twice, but it still would not have been the same. So my niece and nephew were at my mom's house, so I headed over there to avoid the disappointment that was sure to come on if I did not go. Well after only being there for about 30 minutes, I got a text from Lola and quickly had to head home to get changed and geared for my walk. Since I was hurrying and could not find any high socks, I chose to wear my tennis shoes instead of my hiking boots.

When I got to the park, Lola had invited another friend, Misty. So there was three of us. They are some fast walkers. I did fine keeping up with them the first couple of miles, but after that my toes on my right foot started hurting. Another mile, then the ball of my right foot started hurting. I think my toes might have been hurting, but the ball of my foot hurt so bad I did not notice any of the other. LOL. It was hurting so bad that we stopped at a bench and I took my shoe off. I could have swore something like a rock was in there. I even checked the bottom of my shoe because it felt like there was a nail or something in there! I did not find anything and the pain continued the whole way. I found that the faster I walked the less it hurt, so I would go really fast to catch up with the girls and then slowly slip back. They were great motivators. They kept saying "Stephany you ok, you coming?". I don't know how it would have gone if I would have been on that walk by myself. We finished the walk in 2 hours and 23 minutes and I burned over 1100 calories! Super awesome for the night before the weigh-in. So you would think. : (

I went to Weight Watchers tonight and I did have a loss, but only .20. That is 2/10th of a pounds. I am bummed about it because that to me is like a wasted week. Remember I am trying to get in the 250's before heading to the Biggest Loser Resort. That leaves me at still needing to lose 13 lbs in now 5 weeks. It is not looking like I will make it, but I am going to give it all I can. One reason I am disappointed is because I worked out 6 out of the 7 days this week. The only night I took off was Friday night. In most cases, I burned over 1000 calories a day during exercise. I may have gained muscle because I know the other night I was noticing a bulge on my shoulder. I thought "what the heck is that?" Then when I noticed the other side had the same, I came to the realization it was muscle. LOL. I have been getting lots of compliments on my legs. Everyone keeps telling me how tiny they are. Something on me TINY? Whatever! But I will gladly take the compliments!!

Something I have not blogged about because I pretty much did not want to admit it, is that I have not been tracking my food entake. I have gotten really busy at work, and with all the exercise, just have not taken the time to do it. I had told myself today, that if I did not lose at least 1 lb, I was MAKING the time to track. Ironically our WW lesson tonight was on the importance of tracking! I learned the hard way! They say that you can be eating more than you think you are. I really did not think I did bad except for Saturday! Saturday was my day of JUNK! My company picnic was Saturday. I ate two hot dogs on white buns with chili that you know was not Turkey Chili or turkey hot dogs. I did fore go the bag of chips offered and drank a Diet Coke. I went with a group to walk down to the lake. Played Volleyball and Dodge ball, not to mention the water balloon toss. So I didn't just sit there.

Then I went to my friend Brenda's house. Do you have friends that when you get together with them you like to eat? Well I have a couple and Brenda's house is one of those for me. It was her daughters birthday, so I had yet again another two hot dogs and some Sour Cream and Onion Chips. I can not even remember the last time I had chips and they were my favorite, I could not resist. It would have been fine if I would have stopped there, but later that night the adults were playing cards and we had MORE chips with dip and she pulled out a bag of Hershey Minis. I think I ate 3 of the Hersheys and too many chips. I don't know what possessed me! So the fact that I did NOT have a gain, I should be THANKFUL! And I am!!

I did have a moment of success today. My boss scheduled a working lunch meeting today, which means PIZZA. I told him, on weigh-in day are you crazy? Well I volunteered to go pick it up and made myself a salad and only ate 1/2 a piece of pizza. Breakfast I had fruit - some watermelon and two bananas. I did drink about 32 ounces of water. So my question is this -- does everyone have a 2-3 lbs weight gain through the day. This morning when I weighed at home, which I have become addicted to, I weighed 3 lbs less than I did tonight. =( Be sure to share your wisdom!

Well I am still in pain from my walk yesterday. Mostly my back. I noticed that when I walk I lean forward. I need to get that under control before I head to FR, I bet that is why my toes hurt as well. Hmmmm! See this whole writing everything down IS helping me! Not to mention all the wonderful support I get from my fellow bloggers and followers. =)

2 comments:

  1. I am no stranger to feet problems for certain! Training for the 60mile breast cancer 3day walk has taught me much, and also allowed me to experience a myriad of foot problems. There were MANY training walks that I did where I had to stop and take my shoes off 2 miles in, or one mile sometimes, or every 2-3 miles even if it were just for a 60 seconds or so. My feet would just be on fire burning badly and taking my shoe off momentarily would subside that feeling and I'd be good to go again.

    Pay attention to hot spots though and make sure you put moleskin on them before they turn into full fledged blisters.

    So who cares if you had to stop for a few?! As long as you kept on going, you're doing great.

    Get tracking! And stay away from Brenda's house if she's feeding you hot dogs, chips and hershey's! Yuk, yuk, yuk! Nothing nutritional in any of those to feed your body. Remember your goal. If you are put into a birthday or event situation again like this, you must plan ahead. Think about what you are going to be served and how you will react. Eat healthy before you go and skip eating there. Or offer to take a fresh veggie tray to the party with some home made guacamole(healthy fat) dip to go with it. Eat that apple before you go. Drink a gallon of water. And if you're going to be tempted because it's one of the foods you truly enjoy, make sure you have PLANNED for it and accounted for it in your daily tracking!

    (how was that for a quick lecture?)

    And yes, absolutely YES, I weigh anywhere from 3 to 6 pounds more every evening, consistently. I never count my night time weight for anything. I just all results from my morning weight, especially since that's my lightest weight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephany sorry I could not walk with you on Sunday. But I do want to go with you and take Taylor in her stroller... But I am so glad the other girls called you!! Oh and about weighing more at night I always weigh more... That is why I refuse to weigh at night only in the morning...it is to depressing....Let me know the next time you go walk at the park!! I need some of your motivation to rub off on me...lol. We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete