Monday, April 5, 2010

Down 35 pounds!

Ok guys! I just realized I have not blogged since last Monday! Sorry about that. I have been busy busy busy! I have my full time job, then the candle business. Since my full time job pays the same no matter how many hours I work, I have been working my candle business BIG TIME getting extra spending money for my trip to The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge in 6 weeks! My team's sales from last month were AWESOME and if this month is about the same, I am going to have PLENTY of money to get as many massages, tests, etc I want while I am there. : )

I had a GREAT week! I feel I made LOTS of GREAT eating choices this week. The only day I stumbled was on Saturday night. We went over to some friends house and although I knew it was a bad idea, I brought a cute little Easter bunny cake (with Butter cream Icing) and a cookie cake. I did have a piece of each. :(

I did not exercise everyday this week. But when I exercised I made sure it counted!

Monday night was Weight Watchers! I usually don't do anything on Monday nights because weight watchers does not get over until 7 pm.

Tuesday night - I was invited to a different Zumba class with a friend. The room was smaller than what I am used to and there were TONS of people there. It was a GREAT workout. I had sweat poring off of me. My regular Zumba class I burn around 450 calories, this one I burned 600. Definitely worth going back for that extra 150 calories.

Wednesday night - My daughters are in FFA and had their county show, so by the time we got out of there it was after 9 pm. I had packed my gym bag in my car to go afterwards, but it was too late.

Thursday night - Tried a new class @ 24 hour fitness. It was a "Hip Hop" Class. I was thinking this class was going to be a lot like Zumba or Aerobics only doing Hip Hop moves instead. The thing I like about Zumba is you are moving constantly and my heart rate averages in the 140's throughout the whole workout. This one reminded me of my ballet / tap / jazz days when I was a kid. I thought maybe since I had over 5 years experience in choreographic dance, I would have an edge. NOT THE CASE! My memory is not like it used to be. The first 40 minutes of the class was step by step instructions on how to do the dance. Then the last 20 was doing the dance with the music non-stop. I am not going to lie, the last 20 minutes were fun, but I DID not know the entire dance. When I was a teen-ager, I remember going to dance workshops where all day each hour you learned a new dance. And back then, I would nail them by the end of the hour. This one I felt more foolish than anything. I did not feel like I got a good workout, but my HRM said I burned over 500 calories. Before class, I had walked on the treadmill at a 2.7 speed which I know is not much, but my incline was at a 5. I burned 300 calories before doing that class. My goal for the evening was to burn over 1000 calories before going home. So after the class I headed over to the stationary bike and planned on doing it for 40 minutes. Like I said, the class must have worked me more than I realized it, because I was having a HARD TIME making even 10 minutes. My legs were burning! So I only did the bike for 20 minutes, burned my 1000 calories and headed home!

Friday night -- spent time with friends / ate some GREAT Jambalaya

Saturday -- Busy day! I attended my daughter morning bowling league, then attended a Scentsy Team Luncheon. I got to meet a couple ladies from my down line face to face. Ends up I had met one of my new girls before at a ZUMBA class. Isn't that exciting! Exercise has given me so many new friends. One of the girls on my team teaches Zumba and the other teaches a Hip Hop class that she said is fast paced like Zumba. So I am going to have to try her class out as well as Kelly's Zumba class. After the luncheon I wanted to use mowing the yard as my exercise of the day. Well, I have not mowed the yard since I was a teen-ager. I have always been fortunate to have wonderful men in my life that have done that task for me. Well little did I know, our lawn mower is self-propelled. Which means when you are mowing, I was practically RUNNING to keep up with it and do all the turns. LOL I am sure I was pretty comical to my neighbors. =) Well the lawn mower kept dieing on me, so my husband ended up mowing everything and I headed in the house to clean / do laundry -- things I am the expert doing around here.

Sunday -- Easter Sunday! Did not attend any lunches or get-togethers! I met a friend in Waxahachie to walk on the path! We walked 5 miles!! I burned over 800 calories. I was so proud of myself. I have really come along ways. It was not even two months ago and I was in pain for 2 days after walking a 5K. Today I am stiff, but no worries! This Sunday -- we already have it planned to walk 7.5 miles! I WILL be victorious! Just need the Texas Weather to cooperate! After walking the 5 miles, I decided to go grocery shopping. I left on my HRM an I decided to see how many calories grocery shopping burned. Believe it or not, the grocery shopping, loading the car, unloading the car, and putting everything away -- I burned 450 calories. Not too shabby! If I look at it that way, maybe I won't HATE to go to the grocery store!

Monday -- I hopped on the scale this morning before work! I was so amazed by the # looking back at me, I had to do it again! Yep it matched. Of course that was my first thing in the morning weight. If this mornings weight would have counted, I would have been down 5 lbs, but at the end of the day, the WW scale showed I had 3.5 lb loss this week, which I am EXTREMELY HAPPY about! That puts me down 35.5 lbs. I am 13 lbs away from meeting my goal weight I want to be before heading to FR. With 6 weeks to go, I feel I that goal is totally tangible! Tonight after weight watchers, I did something else I have not done since I was a teen-ager. Holly and I rode bikes around the block. We had really high hopes saying we were going to ride a couple miles away to a little store to buy her a bottled water since I don't buy bottled water anymore. Well we decided to just go around the block a couple times first. All I can say is OUCH that seat was killing me. We kept laughing and had to stop a few time to take our butt off the seat. Whatever happened to banana seats? Needless to say we decided to stop after two blocks. It was a good work out, my bottom AND my legs are hurting. Anyone have any suggestion or words of advice on the seat situation?

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! My butt is still hurting! I think when we ride again, it will be better. Remember our goal: to be able to ride to Tom's and back. Eventually! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work! woo-hoo you are awesome! don't forget what 3.5 pounds a week is in a month. 14 pounds, and that is an insane number. 3.5 is excellent!! Really tired now that I am at FR...so off to bed...keep kicking butt!

    ReplyDelete