Sunday, March 21, 2010

Biggest Loser Casting

Well I went to my LAST Biggest Loser Casting Call yesterday. I have gone to many before but this one was the best. I went with a co-worker that although we both have lost weight on Weight Watchers, we have the most to lose at our group and we have "mental issues" that we are facing. NO we are NOT INSANE, we just are "Food Addicts". For our whole lives we have gone to food for comfort.

The reason this is my LAST time to go is mainly because I plan on NOT being over 100 lbs overweight next time they hold auditions, which is one of their requirements to be on the show. Although I told myself I was NOT going to be depressed if I did not get a call-back, it has not worked. It is the day after and I stayed in bed until 2 pm today. =( So before I eat my entire house, I decided to get on here and blog about my feelings, eat a reasonable lunch, then head to gym. I always feel better after I go to the gym. I need to replace exercise with over eating!!!

The casting call process is so brutal. I will have to say that the auditions in Dallas this year was the most organized one yet. In the past you take a chair and wait in line the whole time until you are seen. Don't know if that was the case this year for other cities, but Dallas ROCKED! It was at Dallas Methodist Hospital in their Auditorium. It was raining on Saturday morning and cold so before I left home, I packed snacks, blanket, umbrella, a chair, and even cards to help with the boredom to help time pass.

BL had posted that no one would be allowed to line up until 3 hours before they started auditions at 10 am. NOT the case! We arrived at 7:10 am, and there were over 250 people already in line. I was thankful to see that the hospital had put up some tents for us to be out of the rain while we were in line. I was extremely thankful for that. I don't care what anyone says, overweight people are GREAT people. Even though the lines were not formed by ropes to keep us in order, we all made our own lines by just staying behind the person in front of us basically. I was actually only standing up for maybe a little over an hour. The line was just to get you into the auditorium. Once you reached the front to enter the building, you were given a numbered application. The auditorium was full, but since Rae Cene and I brought our own chairs, we just sat in the back of the auditorium.

Once in the auditorium, the hospital had a "Health Fair" going on. They had a schedule of speakers throughout the entire day. But before the speakers started at 10, they were playing episodes of Season 9, which is on tv now. So that really pumped up the audience reminding us why we were all there! I was a "little" disappointed that there was a section on surgical weight loss. As an obese woman, it seems every time I turn around someone is trying to talk me into doing one of these surgeries. I have "thought" about it, but really want to do it the old fashioned way with diet and exercise. At 38 years old, I have NEVER had any type of surgery and am actually scared! If I had surgery before, I might feel differently. I am not saying that decision is wrong for anyone that chooses to go that route, that is just not the decision I am going to make, at least at this point in my life. There were lots of vendors lined up in the hall with tons of FREE stuff and information to take home with you. And there was even a trainer there that spoke during the day. Someone asked about the heart monitor watch and she spoke on that and said she got hers at Walmart for like $30. I have been looking at these and was planning on spending over $100 for mine. She is the second person that told me Sportline has one that does everything just as well for cheaper. I might stop by Target or Walmart on my way to the gym and buy me one. THAT would cheer me up!!! =)

The night before the auditions I watched TONS of You Tube videos that the Biggest Loser Casting Crew have posted on tips for auditions. I did EVERYTHING they asked for! I dressed up as if I were going on a job interview, I smiled and stayed energetic through-out the entire 7 minutes I was in front of them. It may sound funny but I really think maybe I am not fat enough? Those words coming out of my mouth don't even sound right. If you watch the show, you can see that each season they keep getting BIGGER people. This season there were at least 3 contestants that weighed over 500 pounds and I believe the heaviest female was maybe 350?

My co-worker and I would have made a great team, but maybe you have to be family? They have never come out to say that as a requirement, but who knows? I still think we were heavy enough! And they are definitely missing out! My co-worker is one of the best ladies you will ever meet. She is so caring and extremely funny. She is a lot like myself and I know America would have loved us! I am going to encourage her to make a video with me because we would have the opportunity to let them see the real us in more than 7 minutes they allowed us after waiting 7 hours just to be seen.

My sister Erin, was not able to make it to the auditions. She is such a beautiful girl and I wish she would have been there! She and I have discussed doing a video together as well. We need to hurry and do it this week if we are, because the taping of the show begins in May. We have a great story to tell. Although we have different moms, we have the same dad. Growing up our dad was not around much and since there is 8 years difference in our ages, we never saw each other much growing up. Therefore, we were not given the time to "bond" as sisters. Now that we both are adults married with children and live 2 hours apart, it is still hard to find time to get together. I really believe that if we were given the opportunity to be on the show, it would definately bond us! I know, I know -- we need to make more time for each other!! We don't need a TV show to get us to bond!! I wish Erin could afford to go with me to Fitness Ridge in May.

Well I have vented! I DO feel better! I need to get off of here and enjoy the rest of my day off!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW Stephanie! How exciting and surely sounds like a lot of work too. I just found your blog and will be sure to check back later when it's not so late. I'll cross my fingers and toes for you on making the cut for the show.

    ReplyDelete