Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Forward

Well I went to weigh-in this evening! I gained .2 (2/10 of a pound). I am not going to let it get me down. I was down 3 pounds a few days ago, then last night I don't know WHAT I was thinking, but I ate some popcorn at the movies. I got it WITHOUT butter, so the "points" were not that bad, BUT I did not think about the salt resulting to water gain for my weigh-in today. I have been feeling all bloated ALL DAY! So I had a feeling it was not going to work out well on the scale.

Like I said, two days ago I showed a loss of 3 pounds. Had that 3 pounds stuck with me tonight, I would have hit my 10%. But you know what, I KNOW I will hit it NEXT WEEK! I am just going to stay focused, keep doing well, and NOT eat any salt!!!

Although, before I went to the movies last night I had done my work out to the Wii Biggest Loser Game burning what it said was about 130 calories. If you have not tried it, IT IS HARD! Since I don't want to slack on the workouts, I went ahead and set my workout level to Medium to burn the maximum calories. I DID NOT pick Advanced because I KNOW I would not have been able to hang with that. I barely can handle the 39 minute workout I am doing. It makes me sweat like crazy, which is good.

After the workout, I took a quick shower (which my husband could not believe) and I met some friends for a 3 1/2 mile walk. We walked on great little walk path I had heard so much about. This is the one that 1/2 of it is 3 1/2 miles, and if you walk the whole thing it is 7 miles. It is amazing to me where all the path travels through the town, in the wooded scenic area and ends at two different parks at each end. It amazes me that I walked it without much trouble breathing trouble. I bought my new hiking boots for my trip to The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge. I felt I looked funny walking in them on that path with everyone else in tennis shoes, but I want to get them worked in really well before I go. I am hoping to miss the all so popular blisters on my feet. The boots worked out well, did not even feel like a new pair, but my toes on my right leg were in pain. I think I must walk funny or something and am putting too much weight on them when I walk. My friends suggested I go to a foot dr and I probably should before I go on my trip. They said maybe he can help me identify some exercises or something to help. Who knows? I sure don't! I guess it might help.

Throughout the day, I drank at least 64 ounces of water and I noticed that I was not spending as much time in the bathroom as I usually do. All this occurred BEFORE I went to the movies. I thought it strange. I did get up 4 times last night. So I am glad about that. Maybe I was sweating yesterday more than I thought? My weight watchers leader suggested I eat some melon and continue drinking my water. I went and bought me some watermelon on the way home. I think it will all work out this week. If anyone has any other suggestions, please do so. All is welcome. : )

Usually during the Time Change - Spring Forward, I HATE IT! But I am actually looking forward to it, for the first time in my life!! Texas weather has been nice and the moving the clocks up means I can walk longer in the evenings after work. I am so proud of Holly! She was working 9 am to 6 pm. She is so motivated to exercise and lose weight that she was able to change her hours at work to be able to get off at 5 pm each day, meaning we have PLENTY of time to get our walking in. We talked about trying to walk 4 miles tomorrow. I think it's a good plan. If we can add a 1/2 mile onto our walk each time we try, it will be no time and I will be able to do that 7 mile walk no problem. My legs are still hurting from yesterdays walk, but if I keep on track, I should be able to handle the hikes at FR. I am NOT saying it is going to be easy! I hear the first one called the Stop Sign Hike is HORRID! I hear there is an incline that about kills you! But I am training for that by upping the incline on the treadmill. I wish I were able to go to Turner Falls with my cousin this weekend, I could really go on a good hike there. Hmmmmm! Maybe after The Biggest Loser Casting on Saturday, I can talk my hubby into going for the night? But then again I have already encouraged another friend to join, what is becoming, my "Sunday Walking Group". How cool is that? Sounds like a challenge --- wonder how many people I can get to join? If you live in Ellis County, Texas, you are MORE than welcome to join us. We go at 2 pm on Sundays. E-mail me at Stephany_Gallaway@yahoo.com for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment