Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Polar F7 HRM

Today I got my Polar F7 HRM in the mail. It came just in time to get me out this rut I seem to be in. When I had scheduled my trip to FR, Travis mentioned that this was a good brand and model to try. I was a little disappointed to find out that the only way it gets your heart beat is with the chest strap. Not a big deal because the chest strap was pretty comfortable. For those of you that have one of these, is all that water proof? I mean, when I go swimming I want to be able to calculate my calories burned, but that does not seem to be waterproof. I will do some research before I get into the pool with it. I mean I know I sweat with it on, but submerging into water sounds dangerous. LOL.

I have always wondered how many calories I burn while doing Zumba. Well I don't have to "wonder" anymore. I know all instructors vary, but tonight I burned 450 calories. Not bad! The highest my heart rate got up to was 158. That is equivalent to my last time at the gym.

I can not wait to go to the gym tomorrow night. Through my cousin, I have a new workout buddy. I have never met her, she just happens to be a member of 24 hour fitness as well and was looking for a buddy. It is going to be strange meeting someone for the first time, then working out. I have no idea what she looks like but she sounds like she is pretty active. I can't wait to see how many calories I burn!!

I want to thank everyone for the encouragement! Because of you and the Polar watch I feel I am back on track and ready to move forward! I have goals to face and pounds to lose. : )

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am very proud of you and want you to know that MANY people have been encouraged because of YOU! You might not be receiving enough posts to let you know that people are reading this and getting motivated themselves, but believe me THEY ARE. I've been told by at least 5 people that they LOVE reading your blog and have been encouraged. Keep up the GREAT work!! I wish we lived closer so we could work out together 5 days a week. Let me know how your workout goes with DeAnna. She's a great, energetic, and beautiful girl. I told her she should try out for America's next top model. She just laughed, but she's great! I think she will be able to motivate you! Keep it up cuz!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, I know the polar f7 is waterproof and you definitely can swim in it. I wish I had one for that reason. Not sure about the heart rate strap. But its the watch that calculates your calorie burn. The heart rate strap is just for the heart rate. PS awesome heart rate! Mine was so high when I started working out, took weeks to get to a good rate. You will love seeing your burn on your watch. Having a calculation has made such a big difference for me. Enjoy the gym! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete