Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Learning to handle emotional eating!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have learned that I let money issues effect my mood, which in turn, makes me depressed and want to eat. Without getting too much into my personal life, I had told my step-dad that I was so depressed that if I had money, I would probably do some SERIOUS damage at a BUFFET! I am a firm believer that God test us and then helps us through hard times. Not even 10 minutes after I told my step-dad this, a co-worker came into my office offering me a Coke. She is diabetic and only drinks Diet Coke, but accidentally pushed the wrong button on the Coke Machine and received a Coke. Well she was there to offer it to me and I said NO. I kinda of startled both of us, as soon as I said it I felt bad. It was not WHAT I said, it was HOW I said it. I kinda of snapped at her. I did not mean to do it, I just was fighting off the urge to drink it. Truth is I could have taken it and drank it, but I want to stick to my guns. After that instance, and of course apologizing to her, I realized that even if I DID have the money I would NOT have eaten a lot at a Buffet. I am working too hard to slip!

My favorite show came on tonight! The Biggest Loser! Yeah!! I know everyone was giving Michael flack for the decision he made, but he was playing the game. He has a lot to lose, and he, just as I, know that the amount of time you get to spend on campus is priceless! How awesome to have a job to work on getting Thin! Not only that, but at the end of the season to have an opportunity to get a BIG bonus if you do the job better than anyone else. I was really proud of the Black team tonight! They prevailed when EVERYONE thought they would fail. Everyone, including myself, thought that the Blue team was so stacked that they would be picked off one by one. As long as my favorite, Daris stays each week! All is well! GO DARIS!!! Who is your favorite?

I did do my exercises as I had planned, however not for the FULL two hours. I asked my husband to bring the old gazelle out of the garage. Do ya'll remember that. Tommy Little creation? I did it for a SOLID hour. My legs felt like Jello when I got off and my knees were killing me. I did break a small sweat but don't really think I got a very good workout. After that I got my big ball out of the garage and did twists, lifts and crunches laying on the ball. I tried doing some of the leg lifts with the ball between my legs that Betty had showed me at the gym, but I just could not pick up my feet. My daughter was making fun of me for not being able to do it, so I made her little butt get on the floor and try it. She did it, but agreed that it was harder than it looked. I was able to do them without the ball. I actually got 10 done. : ) It's a start!

I have PCOS - Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome. Basically my ovaries are larger than they are supposed to be. During those lifts with the ball, my ovaries were hurting. I know that sounds bizarre, but if you have PCOS then you totally understand what I mean. Sometimes I can just move a certain way and I get a sharp pain. People with PCOS are usually heavy and have a hard time losing weight. I believe it was season two of the Biggest Loser and her name was Julie -- she had it and she prevailed. I know that I WILL too. So if you have PCOS, don't give up! Let's do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment