Thursday, March 11, 2010

I went to the gym by MYSELF!

Well since my last post, A LOT has gone on! I can not believe how busy my life has become. TV? What's that? Hard to believe that is all I used to look forward to each night. What was coming on TV that night.

Tuesday, I FOUND the charger for my Wii remote! YEAH! I got it all plugged in, letting it charge while I went to walk with Holly at the park. We were only able to get in 2 miles before the sun went down. =( After that, I went by the grocery store to buy ingredients for a Roasted Chicken and Vegetable Recipe I saw in Good Housekeeping magazine. After getting home from the store, it was way too late to start the chicken so I settled for my Tuna Sandwich. At my weight watchers meeting someone mentioned a new product called "Sandwich Thins". It is basically a way to have a TOP and a BOTTOM to your sandwich and it only is 100 calories (1 WW point), whereas my 100% whole wheat bread is 70 calories per slice, costing me (2 WW points for a top and bottom). So I definitely wanted to try these so I bought some of those at the store as well. Another product I have discovered is Starkist Tuna Salad Chunk Light which comes in one of those flat packages, not the cans but you can find it in that same area. It is already prepared and it has a little bit of pickle in it and apples. I say its apples, my husband disagrees. Anyway the WHOLE package is 2 WW points. This has become one of my favorite quick snack / meal. Anyway, I tried it on the Sandwich thins and they TASTE GREAT! But be careful if you are on weight watchers, if you eat two tops and bottoms -- it is 3.5 points. Found out that the hard way. LOL Live and Learn!

So I am fed and READY to play my Biggest Loser Wii Game. Well even after charging for over an hour, remote was still not charged. I was soooo busy worried about getting it to work, I FORGOT IT WAS BIGGEST LOSER NIGHT! I checked twitter after 10 and everyone was talking about it! So I ran to my bedroom praying that my Tivo recorded it for me! YEAH IT DID! I am sooo glad it did! What a GREAT episode and so fitting for what I am going through this week. Trying to fit my workout plan in with my day to day life! Well Biggest Loser, you inspired me again! I was sad to see that Cheryl went home! I love the Orange Team!!

Wednesday night, Holly and I went to Zumba. Boy was I feeling it! That work out is so intense! We are talking about maybe going two nights next week if, anyone would like to join us. After Zumba, I headed to my brothers house to spend the night. I babysat my newest niece and nephew today. The baby is 3 months old and although she is an absolutely perfect baby, that is some WORK! I was glad when mommy got home and auntie got to leave. I love those kids but I guess you get spoiled after a while when your kids fend for themselves, as much as teenagers will anyway. While I was there, I cooked the Roasted Chicken and Vegetable meal I had the recipe for. Turned out pretty good. I am not a fan of white meat because I think it is too dry and that portion of the chicken was and the vegetables were a little harder than I prefer as well. But the chicken leg I ate was good and I know I ate less than 500 calories. The recipe said it would have 4 servings at 500 calories a piece. I still have the majority of it left. I just threw it in the crock pot and I am going to cook it on low and eat it tomorrow. That should tenderize everything. I added a picture of the finished meal. All the punctures in the top are my cutting it to make sure it was done.





After I left my brothers tonight, I headed to the gym BY MYSELF! I drove the 45 minutes it took to get there BY MYSELF! I am so proud of myself! I am one of those people that needs a friend to go to the bathroom with me. LOL. So this was a achievement all by itself, but wait until you hear what all I did during my 2 hours I spent there.

Stair Stepper Machine, don't know the time or level, but I burned 30 calories

Treadmill, I usually do 30 minutes -- Well on the Biggest Loser Tuesday night O'Neal which is a 300+ male in his, I believe, 50's and has a bad knee excitingly told Bob that he walked on the Treadmill for an entire hour at a 3.0 speed and I don't remember the incline he walked at. Well as I mentioned last week, each time I go to the gym I am going to increase my incline - so tonight it was at a 3.0 Incline. I kept it at 3.0 speed. Every five minutes I would up it to 3.5 speed. I did that for the first 30 minutes! Then guess what -- If O'Neal can do it, SO CAN I! I stayed on it for an entire hour with 5 minutes extra to slow down. The highest my heart rate got up to was 169. I was stopping every 20 minutes to drink water. I have not mastered the drink while you walk on a treadmill. Too much body still flapping around to not spill it. LOL. So I walked 3.25 miles in that hour and 5 minutes, burning a total of 330 calories! YEAH ME!

Weights, I did look at the clock this time -- I did weight for 23 minutes. I worked my stomach, arms, shoulders, and legs. I did about 10 machines and on ALL of them but one, I did 3 sets of 10. The other machine, I only did 3 sets of 5. It was a killer!

Rowing Machine, I did not even see this machine during my last visits, but I saw a guy doing it and once again reflected back to Biggest Loser this week and everyone going to town on those rowing machines during their "Last Chance Workout". So I tried it and stayed on there for 10 minutes burning 75 calories.

Arm Rotation Machine, I did this one for about 5 minutes and burned 15 calories.

My favorite -- Stationary Bike with Fan -- I did this one a little differently this week. I started OUT at a Level 7 and did random hill. Well I KEPT it at a Level 7 the whole 20 minutes. Wow you can really FEEL those hills on Level 7. Last week I only did Level 7 during my last five minutes and I went a distance of 7 miles and I don't remember how many calories I burned on it, but I want to say it was 75. Well Level 7 the whole time, I went a distance of 6 miles and burned 125 calories.

So if you add this up -- on the machines that TOLD me how many calories I burned -- The total is 575! HOT DAMN!!! I am not sure how many calories I burned on the weights, but I bet it was over 25! So I am going to say that I burned OVER 600 calories tonight! I am extremely proud of myself and can not wait to go back!

As for now, I am starting to HURT! I am going to drink a little more water although I drank 32 oz while at the gym, take a shower, some advil, and GO TO BED! All is GOOD! Tomorrow is FRIDAY and my lovely mother-in-law is coming to visit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment