Thursday, March 18, 2010

I did the Stepper for 20 minutes!

What a GREAT work out I had tonight at the gym! I am so proud of myself! I once again went to the gym BY MYSELF! I am getting where I don't really mind it much! I do miss having a partner to high-five when I do something above and beyond what I have done in the past. I have been trying to get one of my co-workers to start going with me but she says she does not want to go to a gym with MEN! I guess because I am married and not there to meet anyone, I don't mind it at all. Tonight I even had some small talk with a few women. I guess if I go more, maybe I will meet some of the other ladies and not feel like I am there by myself. Everyone is really nice and encouraging. Guess just because I am obese, they applaud me for trying to do something about it. I have noticed at all these workout that I attend, I very rarely see anyone bigger than me. One day, that too will change! : )

Today we had a carrier in from Canada so everyone went out to eat with him. Everyone chose Chili's. I was like, oh GREAT! That will be HARD to be good. Well, I decided upon the Fajita trio without rice and beans and I asked for corn tortillas instead of flour. The corn tortillas were so greasy that I wiped the grease off with my napkin before I ate them. I ate two full fajitas with all the fixings. Then I ate the left over meat. I did not care for the steak too much so I did not eat all of that. When I got back to the office, I pulled up Chili's nutritional information and YEP -- not good. It totaled 1250 calories for EVERYTHING. Even though I did substitutions and did not eat everything, I always "charge myself" for the full calories. It equaled 25 WW points. Considering I only get 32 a day, HOLY COW! Glad I decided to have my oatmeal this morning instead of cereal. : ) And for dinner, I am having a Steamable Broccoli and Cheese. I am going to eat the whole bag which is about 1 1/2 cups for a whopping 2.5 points leaving me a whole 1 point uneaten! : )

Well after a BAD BUSY day at work, I came home started a load of laundry, changed into my work out clothes, filled up my brita water bottle and headed to the gym. I got there about 6:30 pm and did not walk out of there until 9:45 pm. Here is a recap

Stepper -- 20 minutes -- burned 140 calories went one mile on that at a level 3
A trainer came by and asked me how I was doing, I told her good this was my first time to go longer than 5 minutes! She said I was doing great and keep the level down until I get more used to it.

Elliptical -- 10 minutes -- burned 65 calories My knees don't like this machine. I am going to still get on it some because when I go to FR I don't want it to be my first time on one if I get stuck with it.

Treadmill -- 30 minutes -- burned 151 calories I did the majority of the 30 minutes at 4.0 incline and 3.0 speed. I did play with the incline and speed some going higher, but my right foot was starting to hurt. I was really paying attention to how I was walking and I do need to go to the doctor. I really think my hip might not be aligned correctly. I was noticing that my left knee was pretty much staying locked and my right leg was doing what it was supposed to do. Maybe I will need physical therapy. I definitely need to get this figured out before my trip.

Weights -- 30 minutes -- burned ? calories I so need to get me a Watch that tells me how many calories I am burning because I have no idea on the weights, but I was doing 4 sets of 10 on all of them. I went and did the crunch machine twice. Once at the beginning and again at the end.

Rowing Machine -- 20 minutes -- burned 145 calories What a workout. I purposely stayed on there long enough to burn at least 144 calories because 144 would put me at 500 calories burned! My goal tonight was 600!

Arm Rotation Machine -- 5 minutes -- 30 calories

Stationary Bike -- 45 minutes -- 256 calories -- 12 miles at a LEVEL 8 Random Hill I started out planning on only riding it for 20 minutes, but the tv in front of me had Texas Hold'em on it and since I LOVE TEXAS HOLD'EM, I started up another 20 minutes so I could see who won. At the end I REALLY wanted to reach that 800 calorie mark, but the darn machine cut-off on me because my set time was done. I missed it by 13 calories which I AM sure I burned more than doing the weights.

At the end, I went over to the stretching area and propped my leg up on the bar to stretch just like I used to do in ballet. I even bent forward to touch my toes on the bar and bent my leg that was touching floor. It felt great to stretch like that. After stretching I headed out the door for my 45 minute drive home.

There is NO workout like a gym workout! I really need to go more than once a week! I am going to try to go once during this weekend. I REALLY want to have a good loss on the scale this week and reach my 10% weight loss goal!!! I have a good feeling about this week. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment