Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1st Zumba Class

Today was odd. When I got to work this morning, I was sitting at my desk and suddenly got emotional. I really don't know what brought it on. I did not breakdown and cry but my eyes were definitely watering and I was fighting back the tears. I don't know if my hormones are messed up or if the eighth of a pound gain is bothering me. I can tell myself whatever I want, but down deep maybe it is bothering me.

I fell to temptation today. My co-workers invited me to go to lunch with them today to the Denny's FREE Grand Slam promotion they had today. I tried to do good, at least 30 minutes before we left, I pulled up Denny's nutritional information and menu. We found that you pick 4 items out of this list. I figured out the point values for each item and put together a plan on what I was going to order. It was still going to be a higher than usual lunch, but I was going to cut the calories where ever I could. Well as you may already know, when they are giving away something FREE they do NOT give you choices. Everyone got the same thing. I thought about getting up and walking next door to Whataburger, but then I would be tempted by french fries and there are enough calories in French Fries, it made my Denny's plate not so bad. So I pawned a pancake (7 points) off on one of my co-workers, and left the two sausages (5 points) totally alone. I was able to save two points by asking for Sugar Free Syrup. My meal ended up being 18 points. That is higher than if I were to eat a couple of fajitas, a little rice and beans, and about 12 chips and salsa.

After work I came home and changed into some sweat pants and a shirt, and headed to Zumba. It was A LOT of fun. I REALLY enjoyed it. I knew I would. I recognized some people that I took dance with when I was younger. I did not get all the steps down, but I just kept telling myself "it's ok, just keep moving". Well I broke a sweat, had fun and the hour flew by. There was one point when I was having so much fun that I actually started visualizing being THIN! How awesome that will be! At the end, we were doing some squats, my thighs were BURNING! I was thinking my thighs are finally not hurting from the 5K, HERE WE GO AGAIN. Well it has been a couple of hours and they are not hurting right now. : )

I better run, I am going to my first water aerobics class tomorrow night right after work and I have not seen my bathing suit since I got back from the cruise last August. This may take a while. : )

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph try not to be so gloomy I know it's hard but I do belevie in you with all my might girl,As long as I've know you You've always been a strong women so keep it going girl. Oh! I wanted to tell you I dreamt that I saw you and you were like really thin so I know it will happen for you Go Steph !!!!

    ReplyDelete