Monday, February 15, 2010

I lost 4.7 pounds!!!

Wow have I been slacking. If you live in the DFW area, you can probably guess that my slack might be because of the foot of snow we got on the ground. How awesome was that? It was SOOOOO beautiful.

I have been having a pretty hard time. I am trying to stay motivated but have had some weak moments. Through all this soul searching that I am doing, I have realized that when I get depressed I want to eat. I have really realized that one of my "triggers" is financial problems. When I am having problems financially, I get depressed, depression turns to me wanting to EAT, and trying to turn food away when I WANT to FEED my depression, makes me a B****. I want to pubically apologize to my husband -- Honey I am sorry I have been hard to live with recently!!

I ended up getting tons of exercise this past week. My eating was just "OK". When you do weight watchers you also track your activity. I earned a total of 31 activity points, which is like a whole days worth of calories. Once you use all your daily and FLEX points, you can eat some of your activity points. Ideally you would not want to do that, because it would be defeating the purpose. Well as I mentioned, I was depressed and did have a few weak moments (6 girl scout cookies). I ended the week with 23.5 activity points.

I REALLY needed a Loss this week. I needed it to help me stay motivated. Well God answered my prayer, and I lost 4.7 pounds this week. I am SOOOOO excited. I have set a goal to lose 18 more pounds by the end of April. I have lost 22 so far!!! That is less than 2 lbs a week so I KNOW I CAN DO IT. Hardest part is staying motivated!!!

I am trying to recruit more friends and family into joining this journey with me. Together we can motivate each other. It can be done! This is a lifestyle change! And the best part about weight watchers, you get to use those extra points like I did tonight when you are just dieing for a Cheeseburger. : )

I plan on attending at least one Zumba class this week. I might do two. That class is a serious calorie burner.

I have been trying some of the weight watchers recipe's. I have tried three so far. I made a ZERO point vegetable soup on Saturday that was AWESOME. I have never really gotten into using a lot of spices before, but since the recipe called for spices, I purchased them and OMG, it was great! It had spinach, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, tomatoes, and other spices. I added some wheat crackers to mine to make each bowl worth 2 points. Last night I made Weight Watcher Recipe "Chicken Burritos". It was one where you threw everything in a crock pot. Once it is done, you put a 1/2 a cup on a wheat tortilla, add some 2% mexican shredded cheese and each one was 3 points. My daughter and I added a teaspoon of light sour cream making each one 4 points. They were really good! My daughter told me tonight that it was the BEST thing I ever cooked! Now that is saying a lot (I think) : )

I have been hungry for Jambalaya and Weight Watchers had a crock pot recipe for that too. I will probably put that in the crock pot tomorrow night before I go to bed. I do that because I come home at lunch and eat it with my husband who works 2nd shift. Then my daughter and I have leftovers for dinner. It has been working out well so far. Saves money not eating out!!!

Speaking of money, if anyone needs any Scentsy, everything is 10% off this month. See my link to my online store below.

No comments:

Post a Comment