Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 4 --- I did AWESOME!

I am SOOOOOO Proud of myself today! If you read my blog from earlier this week, I mentioned that I was worried about Thursday night. If you missed it, on Thursday nights I bowl in the "Beer and Pizza League", which means there is Beer and Pizza ALL around me. To be successful and not eat pizza and RUIN my weekly challenge, it was going to take a plan and preparation.

As soon as I got home from work, I started looking for what I could cook for dinner FAST. I had some ground pork that stated on the front of the package that it was low in fat. Since I have been craving a hamburger, I decided to make a patties out of it. While it was cooking, I got my calculator to figure out how many points each patty would be. 12 points! I could have had regular beef for 6! If I would have been smart in the store BEFORE I bought it, I should have turned it over to see the calories and fat content. It was a lb and each 4 oz was 220 calories and 20 grams of FAT. Can you believe that? I don't know if it was KNOWING this that made it not taste too great or if it really was not good. LOL Needless to say there are more patties in my refrigerator that "I" will not be eating. I am not cutting down pork poducts, just the ground pork.

Anyway while my patty was cooking, I prepared my snacks to take with me. I popped a bag of popcorn, packed it in my purse as well as a banana. As soon as the patty was done, I put it between two whole wheat pieces of bread and headed out the door.

On the way to the bowling alley I continued my plan. I told my daughter to keep her eyes peeled on my table. When they put that pizza down on my table I wanted her to come over and grab my two slices for herself. So I get to the bowling alley and order me an Large Ice water. Pizza came,I gave my daughter my two slices and when I got hungry, I pulled out my popcorn and later my banana. I can not express enough how proud I am of myself. I would think that would have been really hard, but because I planned everything ahead of time, I was not even tempted.

I only have 3 days of my Challenge left for this week, and by FAR they are going to be the toughest. I need to come up with a plan NOW. So far I have laid out some pork chops for tomorrow night. My husband is off on Fridays so I am going to try to talk him into cooking dinner --- he can Shake and Bake them. : ) My daughter wants to go see "Dear John" tomorrow night. If we go, I plan on making my low calorie popcorn and taking it with me. I am one of those that HAS to have popcorn at the movies. : ) As for the rest of the weekend, I am probably going to have to go to the grocery store so we can make some GOOD out to eat type meals so I don't mess up. I REALLY want to be successful!!!!!

Now for next weeks challenge -- any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Very good honey im so proud of you.I will cook supper with lots of vegstables too. Keep up the good work i love you. I have a sugestion regular tea no sugar substatute one week

    ReplyDelete