Friday, February 26, 2010

I actually have stomach muscles!

I am writing this extremely exhausted after Betty kicked my butt at the gym tonight! I walked 30 minutes on the treadmill only going 1 mile at a Level 1 incline. I figure each time I go I will increase the incline by a level. I walked the majority of the time on a 3.2. I know not too fast, but I will work up to that. Betty was encouraging me to bump up the level and do it for a certain amount of time, then put it back down to 3.2. So the first time I put it on 4.0 for 20 seconds. Holy cow, I felt like I was almost running. I did that 3 times different times. The heart monitor was not working on the treadmill I was on, so I did not see what my heart rate got up to but I was breathing hard. LOL. And it said I burned a little over 100 calories. When I got off that thing, I had to hold on to the sides to get down. My legs felt like Jello.

Next we went and did the weight circuit trying out a lot of different machines. Then came one of the toughest to me, pretty funny actually. We went to the free weight area and got a mat and the big ball. She had me doing stuff that was killing me. Lifting my legs then lowering about an inch from the grownd without touching the ground, then lifting them back up. Not to mention she wanted me to put the ball between my legs. I was game for anything that she threw my way, I just was having a really hard time. I think I have not gotten to the point where I believe that I can actually do all of this stuff. Well I must have been doing pretty well because I can actually feel my stomach muscles!!! It's great to know they are still there under all this flubber. LOL.

Once she kicked my butt on the floor, we went and tried a new machine that she said she had never seen before. I am not sure what it is called but it is a mixture of an elliptical and the machine that looks like you are skiing. When we got on it I told Betty, "let's do this one for at least 5 minutes". Well that 5 minutes turned into, "how about 3" It was killing my knees but I suffered through that whole 3 minutes and quickly got off that sucker.

I went to my favorite new machine -- the bike with a back and a FAN! I rode it for 20 minutes, burned 140 calories, and went 3.78 miles. I started at level one and every half of a mile, I would bump the level up one. I got it up to level 6. I was keeping the RPMs in the 80s but the last two minutes I was giving it all I could and got above 100. The funny part is that by the time I come back from The Biggest Loser Resort, I am going to be looking back at these numbers and laughing. I know this, but its a start and it can only get better from here. ; ) I did a couple more machines and we headed home.

Thank You Betty for the GREAT WORKOUT! I am looking forward to the next one!

On the way home, I was starving! It was already 9 pm! I have got to figure out this whole working out right after work, but fitting in time to eat dinner BEFORE working out. I know it is not good for me to eat this late. I guess on days that I work out maybe I should eat dinner at work? I will ponder over that, if you have any suggestions, please share. Anyway, I need to go grocery shopping so I knew I did not have much at home. I called my husband to see if he had eaten dinner, which of course since I was not here to cook it for him, he hadn't. I swear, I am going to come back from my trip and he is going to be down 20 lbs from not eating while I am gone! So what did I do for dinner? I WANTED to drive thru and grab something fast, a Taco Salad sounded really good! But instead of doing that, I called Chuck and asked him to brown some ground venison and I would stop by the store and get some lettuce. So I came home and made my own taco salad. The only thing in it that cost me points was the venison, of course, and a little bit of Weight Watchers Low Fat Shredded Cheese. I had TONS of points leftover for the day, so I treated myself to a serving of Pineapple Sherbet.

I am so proud of myself. I got a GREAT workout, I have points left over for the day, and I have FLEX points left over from the week. All should be well come Monday night for weigh-in! Remember I am trying something new this week, not using all my FLEX points. Hopefully it will not backfire. Only time will tell.

Good night, I am taking a couple of tylenol and hitting the sack!

1 comment:

  1. i am going to have to look it up but i thought it was good to eat after a workout b/c your body is still burning calories... i swear a trainer told me that once... hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete