Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I can touch my toes!!!

Well first of all, I need to report that I weighed-in yesterday. I had another loss! YEAH!! I lost 1.9 lbs. I have now lost 23.4 lbs!

I had planned on going to work out at 24 hour fitness tonight, but my current workout buddy bailed on me and believe it or not we had snow today here in Texas. Since 24 hour fitness is a 30 minute drive, I talked myself out of going fearing that the roads might get icy.

I DID go work out. I decided to go to a Zumba class that was only 15 minutes away. I went to the same class that I went to my first Zumba experience which was two weeks today. As I have mentioned before, Zumba is a form of aerobics. I was having a HARD time getting the rhythm tonight AND getting into it. My negative thoughts were making me feel bad for not going to 24 hour fitness as planned. So I kept focusing on that instead of taking advantage of the class to burn calories. Well I had a little "inner talk" with myself. I fought off those negative thoughts by telling myself, "Stephany, if you are NOT going to give it ALL you've got, you should have kept your butt at home!" During this little conversation going on in my head, I looked around the room and noticed I was the biggest person in the class and then I snapped into it. My negative thoughts were replaced by "I am NOT going to let these little skinny people think that I can not hang with them! I am going to keep up and show them that I may be BIG but I can do this just as well if not BETTER!".

Well the new found rhythm and attitude came just in time. A couple of songs later we were doing moves that required us to face each side of the room. Kind of like when you do the macarana and you do the steps facing the front, then left, then back of the room, then right and once again front. Well this was definitely no macarana! You had to step lung to the right, step lung to the Left, two jumping jacks, then move your hips in a circler motion while you moved to the face the next side. I was in the back of the room so no one could see me. Well, I soon became the "front of room" thanks to this little dance move. And guess what I did it!!!! I was doing the step like I had done it 100 times before and good I felt! Only thing is, I DO need to invest in a sports bra ASAP!

I am proud of myself. I was so glad I decided to go to this same class. It showed me how far I have come in these two short weeks. Two weeks ago I could not jump, much less do a jumping jack. And during the cool down / stretching at the end, you guessed I could TOUCH MY TOES, and THE FLOOR. To many of you, this may be no big deal, but to this no longer over 300 lbs female, this is huge success!

I have decided to go stay a week at The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge in Utah. I want to go in April, because I have a lot of weight I want to lose this year, and going there I can LEARN what I need to do by professional nutritionist, and trainers. I have been fearful of going only two months after starting a workout program. I have read many blogs of people that are there or have been there and they work out 7 hours a day. I am not scared of the workouts, but I want to be able to keep up with everyone. I want to be in shape enough that I am able to do everything. I know everyone is still going to be tired at the end of the day. But I don't want to be so tired I can not function. Does that make sense?

You know people have to train for a Marathon, how do I train to get ready for this? Any suggestions? And everyone keeps talking about how many calories they ate and burned that day. How many they ate is a given, but how do they know for sure how many they burned? If anyone reads my blog that has gone to the resort, please comment. I need to book it before they are ALL BOOKED in April!

No comments:

Post a Comment