Thursday, February 25, 2010

Forgot to Track today!

I am happy to announce that I have scheduled a week at The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge in Utah!! I check into the resort on Sunday, May 16th and will be there for 7 days! I am beyond excited and now that I have officially booked it, my training must begin!!!

I have 81 days to get ready for their 7 hours a day work out schedule. Each morning they walk a 5 - 6 mile hike after you have already done a 6 am morning workout class. This hike is in mountains! Did I mention I was scared of heights? LOL I am going to put all that on the side burner and worry about that when I am there. I have seen some of the pictures people there have taken, and they are breathtaking! A lot of them mention they forget they are walking that far because the views are so beautiful.

To get prepared for this walk, I talked to my high school buddy Betty and we are going to start walking every Sunday in Waxahachie. They have some nature trails that are paved. She told me that you go one way and you walk 3 1/2 miles, and you go the other way and it is 7 1/2 miles. So I set a new goal today ---- I WILL be walking that 7 1/2 mile for at least 4 Sundays before I head to the resort. When I booked today, the gentlemen told me that a lot of the campers have problems with blisters and he recommended I go ahead and buy my shoes now and break them in real well before I get there. So if anyone knows of any good sales, please let me know. I will need some working out shoes and some hiking shoes.

Today was a pretty good day. We got everything worked out with the mortgage company and my house payment is NOT going up. I was so consumed with thoughts of going to the resort, I forgot to track all my points today. Well before I started my blog tonight, I keyed everything into Weight Watchers online, and I did pretty darn good. Without tracking my points, I only went over 1 point. That is definitely something to brag about. I don't recommend not tracking your points or calories each day, but this time I got lucky. Because I was depressed over the ordeal with the mortgage company and eating Taco Bell last night, I went to eat at a Chinese Buffet for lunch. I told my husband on the way in, "this is probably a HUGE mistake because I am so depressed I am liable to do some serious damage". God was on my side today! As I was walking in, my phone rang and I received the news that everything was worked out on the mortgage and my payment was not going up! I have gotten where I do the Mongolian stir fry. I guess because I can add all the veggies and have more control over what all goes in my stir fry. Well "usually" when I hand my plate of raw food to the cook, I tell them to go ahead and add some rice and an egg in with my food while they are cooking it. I asked if they had garlic, he said yes and I think that is all he heard because my food came to me with no rice or egg. Well I did not complain just figured he did me a favor. And now that I calculated my points, I know FOR SURE it was a favor. I would have been over my points. On this diet / lifestyle change, I have not been depriving myself of what I really want. So off my husband's plate, I had one little bite of sesame chicken, one little bite of a fried potato, and half of a crab Rangoon. Before I started this journey, I was cream cheese queen. I would eat at least 3 of those crab Rangoon. I have stopped that because they are 5 points a piece. They are good, but not that damn good.

Tonight was my bowling night. I did take the video camera to shoot some footage for my Biggest Loser video. I DID get a strike on video, which is a miracle if you have ever seen me bowl. And I found a replacement for my team! Yeah! I now have an extra day to go to the gym!!! And $60 more dollars a month to invest in my trip!! I will miss hanging out with everyone, but I can go by and visit on my way home. I definitely will not miss wasting 14 points on the pizza (2 pieces). : )

Speaking of investing in my trip, I bought my first required item on the packing list. You can tell I have not ever even considered hiking as a hobby. I bought a Camel back Hydration Backpack. It is a backpack that holds 2.0 liters of water in a backpack. Since I had never heard of it, I thought it might be hard to find, so I started looking and found tons on Ebay. Don't know how much they cost in the stores and would not even have a clue where to go buy it, but I paid $11 for mine plus $8 for shipping.

I have tons more to blog about but I better get to bed. Shoot, if I blog about everything about my trip what am I going to talk about tomorrow. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment