Sunday, February 21, 2010

Active Week

I have had such a busy week, that I just realized I have not blogged since Wednesday. Wow! Time flies when you are not spending all your time sitting on the couch and watching TV. LOL

Tomorrow will be another weigh-in. I feel like I have had a pretty successful week. I have gotten tons of exercise this week. Last week I finished the week with 23.5 activity points leftover, this week it looks like I will have 39.5.

We have had a couple of pretty days weather wise this week. On Thursday, my cousin called and encouraged me to go for a walk after work because it was so nice outside. I have this beautiful little lake next to my house with a walkway between two parks. I would guess that the walkway is probably a quarter of a mile long. So after work, my daughter and I headed out to the walkway. The walkway is well maintained and has lights along it for people to be able to walk at night. We decided to sprint every time we got to a certain set of light poles. I am not going to lie, it was hard, but my daughter was very encouraging and I was able to make it each time we passed through them, which was four times. There was a girl that was jogging back and forth, and I told my daughter that would be awesome to be able to jog it the whole way. I set another goal! I told my daughter for her birthday, which is June 10th, we were going to jog from one end to the other. That gives me a little over three months to get in shape enough to do this.

I have been doing pretty well with my food intake as well. As you may already know, since I weigh-in on Monday nights, I have been trying to use all my flex points before Friday so hopefully the scale will be in my favor. Well, I ate alot of my flex points on Thursday for lunch, and went and ate a high calorie lunch on Friday as well. So when Friday night came, I think I had 7 daily points left, and 5.5 Flex points left. We decided to go visit my cousin and she wanted to go out to eat. This frightened me because I DID NOT want to go over my points. YES, I had the activity points to back me up if I went over, but why in the heck would I work out just to get to eat more? No way, I worked too hard! Well I remembered that someone at weight watchers was bragging about Applebee's and how they have entrees with the weight watchers points on them. So I talked my cousin into going there. It was after 7 so we were all really hungry when we were seated. Her daughter was yelling that she wanted some cheese sticks, and I thought "OH NO". But I stayed calm and ordered me the Steak & Portbello Mushroom with Roasted Potatoes and Broccoli and since they were ordering an appetizer, I ordered a house salad with a light vinaigrette. Luckily my salad came BEFORE their cheese sticks so I had NO PROBLEM refusing when they offered. And my meal, OMG it was GREAT! The steak was a little small but because of the salad I was fulfilled. Let me tell you about the broccoli. OMG, it was the best part. Instead of butter or cheese on the steamed broccoli, it had minced garlic. I could not quit bragging about it. I definitely plan on cooking some this week at home just like that.

I joined the 24 Hour Fitness today!!! My friend Angela and I worked out today. I walked a mile on the treadmill and I rode 1.5 miles on the bike. The bike was my favorite part because it had a fan on it. LOL We experimented with alot of the weight machines. We did crunches (I am feeling those), and multiple machines that worked on your legs and upper thighs. We also did the elliptical, but not for long. And the Stair Climber --- we were aiming to do it for 5 minutes. We lasted for 2. It said I made it to the 5th floor. That is an intense machine. After I got out of there, I was sweating and actually enjoyed the cool front that just came in. : ) I drank about 32 oz of water while in there working out and was still thirsty and STARVING!! I headed to the near by Sonic and although I wanted to order me a extra long chili dog, I just stuck with what I went there for, a Large Water with Lemon. I am going to have to start packing healthy snacks for the ride home, because I failed to mention that the gym is 30 minutes away. I got home and fulfilled my craving for chili dogs, but used 100% whole wheat bread, Jenny-O turkey hot dogs, and Turkey Chili topped with Weight Watchers Low Fat Shredded Cheese. After that I had a small portion of some pineapple sherbet. Therefore, I stayed within my points today, no problem. :)

Well I am DOG TIRED, so I am going to head to bed. I have not been this tired since I participated in the 5K. I hope I get a GREAT nights sleep and don't wake up hurting too much in the morning. I am proud of myself and am looking forward to my weight watchers meeting tomorrow night!!! I hope I get good results, at least two pounds loss. Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment