Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Points leftover? What?

I had a very good day today! For a change of pace, I added a sliced up banana to my oatmeal. Yeah it added a couple of points, but it was actually good. For lunch I had Mexican food, fajitas, rice, beans, with corn tortillas. My friend told me she heard at her Weight Watchers class that a girl orders her fajitas on a regular plate instead of the skillet where they just keep sizzling. I honestly don't know if it made any difference, but I tried it, they were equally as good, of course. Just in case it DID not make a difference, I still charged myself the same amount of points as I always have for that meal. The best part about the meal was, EVERYONE at my table ordered a dessert, and I didn't!!!!! I did not even feel envious the least bit while they were eating their dessert!!! I think I may have finally WOKE UP and am smelling the coffee. LOL

This evening my friend Holly and I attended another Zumba class. It was Holly's first time and since she does not get off in time to attend the class I usually attend, we went to a new location. WOW, that teacher kicked our butts. One thing I DID not like about this class was it was like a traditional dance class. If you have ever taken dance, you will know that at least one wall is ALL mirrors. Working out and looking at myself was hard to do. Another thing I did not like is there was a clock on the wall, and since she was kicking my butt, I kept looking at the clock telling myself -- WHAT? we have only been doing this 20 minutes? LOL You remember last period in school when you kept watching the clock waiting for the bell to ring. Yep, that is what it felt like. I would have rather not had a clock at all. So the whole time, my face was red, it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. I ended up drinking at least 24 ounces of water during the class. And when we got done there, we went to Sonic and ordered us a Large Ice Water and I have almost drank all of that. Believe it or not, we plan on going back. I told her that instructor has given me the hardest workout, so that has to mean I burned tons of calories. : )

Every time I do a workout I always think about the contestants on The Biggest Loser. You know their workouts are longer than an hour. I would definitely take on the challenge and be on the show, but I guarantee you I would be one of the ones throwing up. LOL

I came home and ate a lite Caesar Salad and leftover Lasagna and to ease that small sweet craving I have, I ate a Grapefruit for dessert. Can you believe out of everything I ate today, I still have 8 points left that I am not going to use? This made me think -- On The Biggest Loser I remember Bob (or Jillian) get on to the contestants about not eating all their calories during the day. He told them something like "not eat all your calories, I know you can eat or you would not be overweight". Well Bob, I know the answer to this question. As an obese woman before getting on Weight Watchers, I DID not eat a whole LOT, I just only ate High Calorie meals. Let's face it, my favorite meal at a local restaurant I know now is my WHOLE days calories. Almost every meal I ate takes up my whole days calories. So if you eat two out to eat meals like that in one day -- DUH, your going to gain weight. So now that I am learning how bad my favorite items are, I am either telling those items farewell or choosing a lower calorie substitute. Now I do have my flex points and I know for sure last Friday, I used ALL of them in one meal. That was 35 points, roughly 1700 calories in one meal. Sad I know, but I full-filled that craving and STILL lost almost 5 pounds that week. So as long as I limit myself I should be successful.

This is all definitely a learn as you go, change my life, process. Before I got serious on Weight Watchers, I would drink 3 cokes a day, and a 32 ounce sweet tea (refill please) was an everyday occurrence. I now am drinking unsweet tea when I go to restaurants. I have maybe 2 diet cokes a week when I am wanting a soda. The rest of the time I am drinking water plain or adding crystal light to it. I am probably drinking 64 ounces of water a day. And I am visiting the bathroom as much as if I were 9 months pregnant. LOL

I am not by no means saying I am perfect. I still have TONS to learn and even more to LOSE!!! I am starting to believe in myself and that is really important!!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!!! It's almost the weekend!!! : )

1 comment:

  1. Great post. You are doing fantastic. I have the same problem about looking in the mirror at the gym. I always have my eyes down to the floor. One of these days I will look up at myself and hopefully like what I see!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete